INJURY PREVENTION PROGRAM
Establishing a balance between your strength, flexibility and training is the key to success in any running regime. Our injury prevention program is designed to help get your training started on the right foot, alleviate any aches or pains, and assure that you are on the correct path to a healthy running program.
- The program will begin with an intake of your history, including your current training, injuries and stretching habits.
- We then move into a flexibility screening, lower extremity strength testing and assessment of your balance/proprioception.
- This is followed by instruction in specific exercises, based on our findings, which are unique to your individual needs.
- Next we move on to video analysis to assess your biomechanical presentation and to assure that you are in the right shoe for your foot type and movement pattern.
- We then replay the video with you, providing education on normal biomechanics and how you present in motion.
You leave the session after approximately 45 minutes of one on one time, with an exercise program, the results of your video analysis and the feeling of support from a team that cares about your health and the sucess of your running goals.
Injury Prevention Pre-screen:
The GFLF injury prevention pre-screen assists the runner/walker in identifying any current musculoskeletal imbalances or injuries that may hinder their training. Each assessment will include an intake of your injury history, a thorough flexibility and strength screening, and an assessment of your balance/proprioception. In addition, video analysis is performed to assess your biomechanical presentation providing education on normal biomechanics and how you present in motion.
Instruction will be given in specific exercises and stretches based on our findings, which are unique to your individual needs. Additional information will be provided as needed on recommendations for arch support, injury care, and physical therapy services offered to you.
Price – $75.00
Injury Prevention Post-screen:
The GFLF injury prevention post-screen is a follow-up visit for those who have received a pre-screen. Runners/walkers will be taken through the same screenings as the pre-screen. The goal is to assess the improvement of all musculoskeletal areas screened, and provide more challenging exercises to further increase strength and flexibility.
Price – $75.00 ($60.00 if pre-screen done)
Injury Prevention Pre-screen/Post-screen Package
A combination of both appointments, scheduled in advance.
Price – $120.00